Please take note that the how to make stone veneer instructions below are specifically created for higher end rubber stone veneer molds. If you are using plastic or polyurethane rubber molds you will not get the same results.
You do not need a release agent with our molds.
1. Take the molds out of the box and lay them on a flat work-surface. If you plan on filling the molds with concrete prior to transferring them to another workstation or curing area, you will need a piece of plywood that is 18"x24" to transfer the molds without spillage.
2. Once the molds are in place at their workstation, and you have set up your accent pigments, you are now ready to add accent colors to the stone veneer molds. Apply the accent colors the same way they are being applied in the video to the right.
3. After your molds are nice and colored up, you are now ready to create your concrete mix. Most people will use a premix like Quickrete, until you are ready to manufacture stone veneer at a higher volume. Just follow the instructions on the bag and pour the concrete mix into the molds if you are using a premix.
Once you have mixed your concrete you are now ready to fill the molds. We suggest pouring 1 gallon bucket full of concrete for each mold. Just wipe away the excess concrete and apply it to the next mold.
4. After the molds are full of concrete they are now ready to be leveled out by vibrating them for 30 seconds or so, and then raked across the back with a large hair pick. By raking the stone veneer you will be creating a surface that is more friendly to sticking on the wall during the stone veneer installation process.
5. Make sure to let the stones sit for at least 7 days before you apply them to a wall. Do not store the curing concrete stone veneer in direct sunlight for the first 7 days, at least. The best way to store the stones is by covering them in plastic at temperatures above 70 degrees F. We have successfully cured concrete stone veneer at 120 degrees, while covered in plastic.
How to make Stone Veneer Corners.
How to make stone veneer flats.
We offer advanced instruction to our stone veneer manufacturing clients. The How to Make stone veneer information below is just to get your feet wet. Happy stone making!
SCS Concrete Technologies LLC
4705 S Durango Dr Unit 100-129
Las Vegas, NV 89147
You may not store, use or display our content for any purpose without our written permission. We respect others digital property and expect the same from you.
Millions of square feet of stone veneer have been made in our concrete stone veneer molds!